Short & Sweet Reviews: Cocktails in Chelsea by Nikki Moore


I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Cocktails in Chelsea by Nikki Moore is a short story that takes place mostly in a cocktail bar in London. I can't say a lot about this story or else I would spoil it but it follows a girl named Sophia who is visiting London for a long weekend to spend some time with her friends. In the meantime, she meets a boy and the story takes off from there. 

I had a fun time reading this story. It was short, sweet and to the point. I liked how Moore developed the characters in a short period of time, as well as the romance. I think the length of the story was a perfect length to develop the kind of romance that was portrayed. It could give you a few butterflies without investing into a 300 page epic roller coaster romance (which can be exhausting). What I had trouble with was how confident Sophia seemed at some points then the complete opposite in others. I didn't like that she kept second guessing herself after just being so confident. However, I could relate to her character a lot and she reminded me of myself at certain points. I was also thrown off a bit when you got a duel perspective from both Sophia and Nathan. I didn't expect it but I think it would okay for this story. I found that you only got small amounts of Nathan and mostly all Sophia. I would have liked to see more of both of them because that is something I haven't seen a lot of in this genre.

Conclusions: A very light romance that can definitly make someone smile. Not ground breaking by any means but a cute quick read. The romantic interest is swoon-worthy enough for a quick daydream. Would be something that I read recommend to light romance lovers.

Rating: 3.5/5 (Cute but average romance)

No comments :

Post a Comment