Review: Bossypants by Tina Fey

Genre: Non-Fiction
Publication: 04/05/2011 by Reagan Arthur Books
Pages: 277 Pages
Source: Overdrive Audiobook
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary:
Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon -- from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.


Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.

My Thoughts
Why haven't I read this sooner? I listened to this on a road trip and I laughed my butt off the whole way. I watched Tina Fey when she was on SNL and now in whatever else she does. She is hilarious and relatable. I laughed out loud so many times. Some of my favourite parts were when she was talking about being Sarah Palin on SNL. I remember those sketches so well it was awesome to hear some of the behind the scenes action.

Tina has some good insights into the world, and I can really relate to what she says. I love listening to hilarious book from other strong women. Being a comedian and being a women can be hard and Tina is really inspiring. If you like memoirs, especially funny ones, check this one out. It's awesome and I will always highly recommend.

No comments :

Post a Comment