Top 10 Tuesday : Backlist Books That I Have Recently Added to My TBR

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It's been a hot minute since I did a Top 10 Tuesday and I am very excited to be back. This week we are talking about new books we added to our TBRs. I am going to be talking about the backlist books that I have recently added to my Goodreads "want to read" self. All of these books are 2016 releases or older. Let's get going.

  

The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock - I just added this book to my TBR a few minutes ago. I heard about it from looking at other people's wrap ups. It's an adult contemporary that takes place in Alaska. 
The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver - Another book added due to someone's wrap up. My favourite way to find new books. This one follows a women who cheats on her husband and the story follows what happened after but also the alternative time line where she didn't cheat. It sounds interesting and it got added.
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel - I added this one because it's a SciFi written by a Canadian author. I have heard lots of good things about it so it's on my TBR.

  

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - I added this after I heard a few people talk about it last month. It's about Henrietta Lacks who's cells were taken to create HeLa cells. I am a scientist so I think this would be an important read for me.
Shockaholic & Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher - After reading The Princess Diarist I need more Carrie Fisher in my life. Right after reading it, I added both her other memoirs onto my TBR and I can't wait to read them.

   

Every Falling Star by Sungju Lee - This is a memoir of Sungju and his story about trying to survive in North Korea then escaping. I have a few memoirs from North Koreans on my TBR and I seriously need to try them out. 
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith - I recently read The Cuckoo's Calling and really enjoyed it so the rest of the series is now very much sitting on my TBR.
The Fireman by Joe Hill - When I went to add this book I didn't really remember what this book was about. This is a book about a plague that causes people to burst into flames. Plagues intrigue me so I am going to check this one out.
Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese - This book is another important book in Canadian Literature. It is about the 1960's in Canada and residential schools. I need to read this.

What have you recently added to your TBR? Let me know :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment