Short and Sweet Reviews: Graphic Novel Edition #12

Descender Vol 2: Machine Moon
Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen, Steve Wands

I am really happy I picked up this series. It's a really good story following a robot in a universe where robots are outlawed. The story is very interesting and the art work is very unique. The art does take some time to get used to but it really does suit the story. Also I never knew I could care so much about a tiny robot. If you are into SciFi I would recommend this series.

4 out of 5 Stars


The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Know
Ryan North, Erica Henderson

Squirrel Girl is the most refreshing superhero ever. This series is hilarious and I am already excited to pick up the next volume. This one jumps back in time, and it's a pretty interesting arch but not my absolute favourite from this series. I love how Squirrel Girl will tweet with Tony Stark and The Hulk on twitter, it's just awesome.

3.5 out of 5 Stars


Saga Volume 3 
Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples

This series is very much growing on me. Enough so that I bought the rest of the series that is current released, ooops. Anyway, this was another good installment to the series. So far I have enjoyed each volume more than the last. I highly recommend if you are looking for a SciFi graphic novel. This one was kind of slower than the first 2 volumes, but I really enjoyed that aspect and getting to know our characters better.

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments :

Post a Comment