Series I Need to Catch Up On | 2016

Time to talk about series again. Last time I talked about the finished series I need to finish. Now it's time to talk about series that are not fully published yet but I am still in the middle of. I have started a lot of new series, but I struggle to keep up with the new releases. Let's talk series:

1) The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson 
Read so far: The Kiss of Deception 

I listened to The Kiss of Deception on audio last fall, but I have bee putting off reading The Heart of Betrayal. I have even checked it out from the library more than once, and it just sat waiting for me to read. With the last book in the series coming out at the end of the summer, I need to catch up with this series. I think that this series has lots of potential to grow and I am interested in continuing.



 2) The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella 
Read of far: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby. 

Does this series ever end? We will never know (unless it has and I just didn't get the news). I am actually not too far behind considering it's currently an 8 book series. I am only 3 behind and I use these as light, easy read to read stories. Yes, Becky can drive me nuts but I like following her story. Hopefully, I'll get at least one more read soon.



3) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Read so far: The 5th Wave 

I was iffy on The 5th Wave after reading it and I have heard no so great things about the second book, The Infinite Sea. I am currently waiting in line for the audiobook of it at my library so I will see how I feel about it for myself soon. The last book comes out this month but I probably won't be caught up by the time it comes out.




4) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Read so far: Throne of Glass

I really loved the first book when I read it earlier this year. I now have all the currently published books sitting on my bedside table just waiting for me. I really want to pick up the next book, it's one of my top priority books. I don't think I will be able to catch up before the next book in the series is published but I do want to keep continuing and not put too much pressure on myself to catch up.



5) The Magisterium by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare
Read so far: The Iron Trial

I just finished reading The Iron Trial and I really enjoyed it. I think it's going to be a really exciting series so I need to catch up. I'm only one book behind so I can catch up quickly before the 3rd book comes out in August. So far I have high hopes for this series.





6) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Read so far: A Court of Thorns and Roses

I read this book when it came out last year and really enjoyed it so I have been impatiently waiting for the sequel to come out. I don't feel so bad that I haven't read it yet because A Court of Mist and Fury only came out a few weeks ago and I have been away. This is on my top priority TBR.





7) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Read so Far: The Wrath and the Dawn 

I didn't even realize that The Rose and the Dagger is out already! I haven't seen that many people talk about it so I though there would be. I can't wait to pick up the sequel since it's a duology I can finish this up quickly and add another series to my completed series list. I am waiting for my library to get a copy of The Rose and the Dagger because I am poor.




What series do you need to catch up on? I feel like I am swimming in series and having a hard time keeping up. I think that's the problem with running a book blog!

1 comment :

  1. ACOMAF is top on my list right now. I've only been seeing amazing things about it. I just finished the final book in The Fifth Wave series, and it was AMAZING. I hope you continue and enjoy the second book :D.

    Sarah | Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete