Top 10 Tuesday - Book to Movie Adaptations I Need to Watch

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.
When I am not reading, I absolutely LOVE to watch movies and TV. So I knew I had to do this weeks Top 10 Tuesday. Movies are so exciting and I tend to watch a lot of them. Therefore, I have seen A LOT of book to movie adaptations. This list will be the movies I still need to see or ones coming soon I will see.

1) The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
I have neither read the book or seen the movies but both are on the list. I have heard so many amazing things about this book that I need to read it ASAP. Winter is usually when I tend to read Historical Fiction so I plan to read it in the next few months. 

2) Insurgent - Veronica Roth
I read Insurgent years ago when it first came out and I enjoyed it at the time. I did enjoy the first Divergent movie enough, it wasn't the best movie ever but I didn't hate it. But when Insurgent came out I didn't bother. It wasn't getting great reviews and I just haven't gotten around to it.

3) The Scorch Trials - James Dashner
The reason why I didn't rush to this movies was that I am just not into this series anymore. I read the Scorch Trials and was kind of confused. I will watch this when it hits Netflix, likely.

4) Room - Emma Donoghue
So, this is probably cheating because I never read this book BUT this movie is getting Oscar buzz. I always try to see as many Oscar buzzing movies as I can so I am likely going to see this movie this week!

5) 50 Shades of Grey - E.L. James
I read the book to see what the fuss was all about, so I am just curious about the movie. Will it bother me as much as the book. Likely, but I am still curious. 

6) The Fifth Wave - Rick Yancy
I haven't read The 5th Wave yet but I am on a hold for it at the library. This one is coming out in January, which makes me seriously worried because if you know anything about release dates you know that all the worst movies come out in January. We shall see how this goes. 

7) Ready Player One
So this one is likely years away if it happens at all. But I has a release date of December 2017 and Steven Spielburg is currently created as the director. SPIELBURG people. This better happen because it will be amazing!

8) The Giver - Lois Lowry
I read The Giver to see the movie then I never saw the movie. I have heard the movie is quite slow and it didn't translate the best to film. I still fully plan on seeing this. Someday, someday.

9) Mockingjay Part II - Suzanne Collins
I honestly wasn't blown away by the book but I am excited to see how it translates to film. I really enjoyed the first part of Mockingjay more than I did the book. I think this series is translating very well to screen and I am excited to see this in a few weeks!

10) The Long Walk - Richard Bachman (aka Stephan King)
This one actually isn't a movie or even a movie in the works but I would absolutely kill to see this book on the big screen. It could be such a compelling movie and I could see it really being a hit with The Hunger Games audiences. Please movie people do this book, you can never go wrong with adapting Steven King. 







4 comments :

  1. Great movies on your list! There are quite a few on here that I want to watch myself. I NEED MOCKINGJAY PART 2 TO COME OUT ALREADY!!! I am beyond excited for The 5th Wave, and I really hope I end up loving it. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giver was okay...I do think it made more sense than the book. When I first read the book there was a lot about the ending that didn't make sense to me, until I realized it was only the first in a series and you really had to read all four to understand the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really excited to see Mockingjay Part 2!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete