Most Disappointing Books of 2015

Now that we've talked about all our favourite books from 2015, the time has come to talk about the books that I least enjoyed this past year. There are less books than I thought there would be, which is awesome. Most of these books weren't necessarily bad, they just didn't live up to my expectations and they have the lowest ratings from this past year.


The Scorch Trails by James Dashner
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars 

I was so confused while reading this book. I actually had no idea what was going on most of the time. This series just seems to be creating even more questions than answers. I finally decided to quit it a few weeks ago and passed my box set along to my cousin who will enjoy it so much more than me. 




The 100 by Kass Morgan
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars

This was actually the first book I read in 2015 and it was the first review I ever put on my blog. However, I was disappointed by the story. I was just not interested in the story and I struggled to get through it. I thought with the success of the TV series this book would be good but I just wasn't into it.




Losing It by Cora Carmack
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars 

This was my first adventure into New Adult but clearly it didn't blow me away. I had some problems with the romance in this book. It wasn't surprising and I really disliked the side characters. I was super annoyed by the "virgin shaming" aspect of the book as well. I am going to try more new adult this year hopefully but I can see myself finding a lot of these stories problematic.  




Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 
Rating: 1 out of 5 Stars 

I just can't with this book. This is the only one that I honestly think is a terrible book. I absolutely cannot stand the tropes in this book and I honestly don't know why I read it. Christian is controlling and abusive. Anastasia is so naive it's painful. I honestly don't think you can go through university and be that naive. I don't even want to go on with this. 





That's everything! I have lots of 3 star books that could almost make the list but these are the only ones that I honestly feel that I was disappointed by. Let me know what books disappointed you this year. 



1 comment :

  1. I am TOTALLY with you on the 100. I read it last year as well and enjoyed it enough, but I could not for the life of me make it through the second. They have done wonders with the TV show, and I am so excited to watch the next season.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete