Check In for Anticipated Books from 2016

Today I am going to be looking back on the books that I was anticipating coming out in 2016 and seeing if I read them and what I thought of them. I saw some other people do this and I think it's an awesome idea to show how your year actually went. These are books I listed at the beginning of the year and from halfway through the year. I have broken them up into read, still on the TBR and lost interest.

Read
  
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas {5 Stars} - I loved every second of this book, and it made made my top 10 books of the year. Review

The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh {3 Stars} - I definitely enjoyed this book but I wasn't as blown away by this one as the first one, The Wrath and the Dawn. But I am happy to have finished another series. Review

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon {5 Stars} - Another one that I absolutely loved. I read this one super quickly a few weeks ago and I really loved this story. Another of my faves from this year. Review 

 
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne & J.K. Rowling {3 Stars} - I am happy that I got to go back to the Wizarding World but this definitely wasn't my favourite. I enjoyed it, however it wasn't perfect. Review

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson {4 Stars} - Another series in the bag! This was a solid series ending, not my favourite in the series but it wrapped up everything perfectly. Review

DNF
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi - I'm still really sad about this. I just recently decided that I just wasn't into this book. I didn't mesh well with the writing style and I felt like I was reading from a distance. Maybe I will try again another day, but likely not.

Still on the TBR
  
   
All of these I am still excited to read. I just didn't get to them for various reasons, and clearly we can't get to everything. Three Dark Crowns I am currently waiting for at the library and I just didn't have the time to read Frost Like Night. Most of these I didn't get to because I decided to take a bit of a break from fantasy after I read too many in a row. 

Lost Interest
  
After hearing reviews from most of these my interest has dwindled. My taste has changed over the year, and I don't think that I will every end up getting to these books. If you think I should, let me know what you liked about them.

Did you get to all the books you were excited for in 2016? Let me know!









No comments :

Post a Comment