Most Disappointing Books of 2016

Like any great year, there is always a mixture of the good and the bad. Today, I am discussing the books that I enjoyed the least this year. We can't like everything and all have our own opinions about what we read. Even if everyone loves a book, it doesn't mean that I will too. I have broken them up into 2 categories, the ones I finished and the ones that I DNF'd.

Read
  
Seed by Lisa Heathfield {2 Stars} - I am very interested in cults, but this one was just a very flat story. Nothing super interesting happened and I was just sort of bored.
Captain Marvel Vol 2: Star Fly {2 Stars} - This was just a confusing comic. The plot didn't make a lot of sense and I honestly have mostly forgotten everything about it.
The Jewel by Amy Ewing {2 Stars} - This book also didn't hook me. The insta-love just didn't work for me and I had to work to finish this book.

  
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - My unpopular opinion of 2016. I just didn't mess with how the story was told or the plot. I felt like there was too much going on for how the story was told. I know lots of people loved it, I was wasn't one of them. 
Good As Gone by Amy Gentry - I wanted this book to have more exciting thriller elements. I was confused more than I wasn't which took me out of the story too much.
Gotham Academy Vol 2: Calamity - I am just sad because I didn't like this half as much as volume one. I think I missed something when reading. I am hoping the next volume is better.

Did Not Finish
  

The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge {DNF @ 25%} - I am really sad this didn't work out for me. I just could not get into it when I tried to read it. It was just very slow at the beginning and didn't hook me.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes {DNF @ 41%} - I only picked it up because the movie was coming out and everyone else was reading it. This is just not type of book and after hearing a lot of the criticisms about this book it will likely stay on my DNF pile.
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi {DNF @ 61%} - The writing style didn't mesh with me at all. I was lost most of the time, and I wasn't interested enough to push through to the end. I am really sad about this because it was one of my anticipated 2016 releases.




No comments :

Post a Comment