Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Need to Read by the End of 2017

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is a Freebie Week, so I want to talk about the novels that I need to read by the end of the year. I am going to focus on books that I own that have been sitting on my TBR for what seems like forever. My current goal is to cut my TBR pile down by 20 books, so here are 10 books of those books.

Format: Hardcover
Year Added to TBR: 2014
I got this book from one of my first Book Outlet orders. This is when I ordered every popular book I could find off Book Outlet. I am still interested in reading this book, it's just that I have been in a huge fantasy mood lately. 

Format: Paperback
Year Added to TBR: 2013
This is one of the oldest books on my TBR and I am determined to get it off of it this year. I haven't been into SciFi lately, and this one just hasn't called to me. Hopefully, I can pick it up and get it off this list.

Format: Paperback
Year Added to TBR: 2014
Another Book Outlet purchase. I don't really know where I stand with the Mortal Instruments series, so I want to try The Infernal Devices series to see if I enjoy that one better. It's a lot of people's favourite series so I am excited to read it. 

Format: Paperback
Year Added to TBR: 2015
I loved The Selection, so naturally I wanted to pick up the continuation of this series. However, it's been put off for a long time due to lots of negative reviews. I still want to give it a fair shot and need to read it by the end of the year.

Format: eBook
Year Added to TBR: 2014
This is one of my oldest eBooks, and I am surprised that I haven't read it yet. It's a story that really intrigues me and I need to get it off this huge TBR of mine. 

Format: eBook
Year Added to TBR: 2014
This book has been everywhere since I started in the book community. I picked it up on an eBook sale and it's been sitting on my eReader for years. This typically isn't the type of book I am into, but I also think that I might really enjoy it if I give it a proper chance.

Format: eBook
Year Added to TBR: 2013
I love books about cults and religious sects. This one has been sitting on my TBR for ages and I should have read it ages ago. This is something that I normally really enjoy so I need to read it and get it off my TBR.

Format: Paperback
Year Added to TBR: 2015
I have been slowly working my way through this series and I bought all the books that were out at the time. I really liked the first 2 books, but have been scared to continue based on recent reviews of the later ones.

Format: eBook
Year Added to TBR: 2014
Another book that was popular back when I first started in the book community. However, my tastes have changed since then and I haven't been into paranormal books. But this one has amazing reviews and I would like to try it out before Laini Taylor's new book.

Format: eBook
Year Added to TBR: 2013
I remember one of my teachers reading this in high school. I has been sitting on my TBR since then. Like most of my eBooks I picked it up during an eBook sale. I haven't read a lot of literary fiction that I have loved recently so I need to try out some more to find what I really love.


I currently have 111 Books on my TBR Pile. I would love to get it back down to a manageable level. In an ideal world, I would like it to be only a few books. However, I can't read 111 books in a year but I want to really try to get it down. My current goal for the year is 20 books less, or about 90 books. Wish me luck!











No comments :

Post a Comment