Review: Witch's Pyre by Josephine Angelini

Genre: Fantasy/Science Fiction
Series: Worldwalker #3
Publication: 8/20/2016 by Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 352 Pages
Format: Hardback
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Summary
Lily Proctor has come a long way from the weak, sickly girl she used to be. She has gained power as a witch and a leader, found her way home, chosen to face battle again, and (after losing her first love and being betrayed by her new love) she has learned more about loss and grief than she ever wanted to know.


Thrust once again into a society different from anything they have ever seen, Lily and her coven are determined to find answers―to find a new path to victory, a way to defeat the monstrous Woven without resorting to nuclear weapons or becoming a tyrannical mass murderer like her alternate self, Lillian. But sometimes winning requires sacrifices . . . and when the only clear path to victory lies at Lillian's side, what price will Lily be willing to pay?

My Thoughts
This is the final novel in the Worldwalker series, but to me it almost felt like it came from a completely different series. The plot of this series book a weird turn that felt very different from the first 2 books and it was not my cup of tea. I found this book sat in an awkward place between fantasy, science fiction and dystopian. I didn't know what the story wanted to be anymore. I felt like it was trying too be too many things at once. I would have DNF'd this book if it wasn't the last book in a series. I cared enough to know how it ended but I found myself putting off reading because of this book.

This was just a 2 star series for me. I do think I would recommend it, because there are many other series out there that are fantastic and this one just fell flat for me. I am happy I get to add it to my read series shelf but that's about it. I also noticed in the last book there might be some weird representation of native american's, I haven't seen anyone else talk about it but I would look out for that.

No comments :

Post a Comment