Short and Sweet Reviews: Graphic Novel Edition

I am terrible at reviewing graphic novels, so I decided just to do quick thoughts on all the ones that I read. Here are my thoughts on the last 2 that I read recently.


Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: Angela 
By. Brian Michael Bendis et al. 

I felt lost during this volume of GOTG. The story took place after Age of Ultron and I haven't read that comic/seen the movie yet; therefore, I didn't get the basis of the story line. Besides that, I enjoyed Guardians. I love Groot and Rocket Racoon. They are the reason I picked up this series. I wasn't a huge fan of the character Angela, I really think she needs some more clothes but that's what you get in the comic book world. The art style in this volume was done by a different artist for each issue. For me this kind of added to my confusion. Many of the styles were quite different and I would prefer continuity throughout, but all of the art was amazing and I applaud their work. This isn't the best but still fun none of the less.

3 out of 5 Stars 




Ms. Marvel Vol 2: Generation Why
By. G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona & Jacob Wyatt

I really love this series. Kamala is so relatable but badass at the same time. I love that women are being represented more in the comic book world in the hero role. This volume specifically, was fun and fast paced. I enjoyed the guest appearances from other Marvel characters and you get some new insight on Ms. Marvel herself. I am very interested in seeing where this story goes. The dialogue was smart and funny. Kamala is a smart ass which I appreciate so much. I also really enjoy that her family is included in the story. A lot of times, hero's don't have any connections so it's a nice change of pace. I definitely recommend this series to everyone!

4 out of 5 Stars 

No comments :

Post a Comment