DNF Review: Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin

I received a copy of the this novel for an honest review from Netgalley. 

Genre: Holiday Romance
Publication: 10/30/2015 by Bookouture
Series: White Cliff Bay #2
Pages: 294 Pages
Source: e-ARC
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars (DNF)
Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Libby Joseph is famous for her romantic Christmas stories. Every December, readers devour her books of falling in love against the magical backdrop of the Christmas season. If only Libby believed in the magic herself…  

Struggling to finish her current novel, Libby turns to her best friend and neighbour George Donaldson to cheer her up. But George also needs a bit of support himself. Nervous about getting back into the dating saddle after splitting from his wife, he and Libby strike a deal. She will teach George how to win over the ladies, and Libby will in turn be inspired to inject her novel with a good dose of romance.  As Libby and George explore the beautiful White Cliff Bay on a series of romantic Christmas-themed dates, Libby finds herself having more fun than she’s had in ages and…discovers feelings that she never knew she had for George. But is it too late? Will George win someone else’s heart or can Libby act like the heroine in one of her stories and reach for her own love under the mistletoe this Christmas? Snuggle up with a piece of Christmas cake and mulled wine, and spend the festive season at White Cliff Bay. You won’t want to leave! Christmas at Lilac Cottage also out now.

My Thoughts: 
After some deliberation, I decided to put this book down. I am just not interested in finishing it at this current moment. Why may you ask? Well, this story just isn't for me right now. I requested it back when I was craving romance but when I actually got around to reading it, I just wasn't in the mood. There is nothing wrong with this book but there also isn't anything that makes it unique. It's a classic holiday romance and if that is what you're looking for this is definitely your book. 

I made it 50% of the way through this book and I think I have a good feel for the story. The biggest reason that this book isn't holding my attention is that every time I put it down I just don't have the desire to pick it back up. I enjoy my time while reading but once I set it down I never feel like going back to it. I would really have to push myself to pick it up to finish and I don't want to have to push myself when there are numerous other books I am interested in reading right now. 

I do enjoy the characters in this book and there is a lot of humorous dialogue between our love interests. It also follows a friends to lovers plot which is one of my favourite romance tropes. However, I think I can figure out what is going to happen so I don't feel bad setting this book aside. I do honestly recommend this to people who are a fan of romances. This is cute and not too in your face (as far as I have read anyway). I guess I have learned my lesson, don't try and read cutesy holiday romances when you are in a serious fantasy mood. 




No comments :

Post a Comment