Review: End of Days by Susan Ee

Genre: YA, Apocalyptic
Publication: 02/12/2015 by Skyscape
Series: Penryn and The End of Days #3
Pages: 344 Pages
Source: Library
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary
After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.
When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

My Thoughts
Look, I actually finished a series! It's definitely an accomplishment because I have only finished about 10 series in my life. Thumbs up for me. 

End of Days was a pretty solid series ending in my opinion. I wasn't left with too many unanswered questions and I felt pretty satisfied. I do think that there could have been more explanation and flushing out of characters and plot. I also wish that this series was going to be long as it was originally planned to be. I think so many things could have been addressed if there were more books but I wasn't disappointed with what I got. 

Penryn and Raffe were perfectly angsty and swoon worthy during the whole novel. I love how they both save each others butts a million times during this series. Penryn isn't helpless on her own, she saved Raffe as many times as he saved her. The action was also great and this book is just as gory as the last 2 were. This series is quite dark which is a nice to see in YA. I did find that the pace slowed down in the middle of the book and I felt like I was pushing to make it through a certain section but after that it picked up and I was back on the bandwagon. 

I do recommend this series to people who are fans of apocalyptic novels. It's fast paced and dark with an awesome forbidden romance. Just go check it out, it may not be my favourite series of all time but I think it is definitely a solid finish. 


No comments :

Post a Comment