Reviewing my 2016 Goals - How Did I Do?

2016 is soon to come to a close and we are all wrapping up our bookish resolutions and challenges for ourselves. It's that time of the year, I am going to look back at the goals I set for myself at the beginning of 2016 and see how many of them I was actually able to accomplish. I don't think it was super successful but I wasn't a complete bust. I feel like my reading tastes did change a bit during the year so some of the goals I set I ended up moving away from.  

1) Read 52 Books
DONE! I currently have read 68 books this year, and I am hoping to reach 70 before the end of the year. I can't believe I was actually able to read so much. I have hoping that I an squeeze 2 more book in to make it 70, but even if I don't this is the most books I have ever read in a single year.

2) Don't Be Afraid of Big Books
This is hard to quantify. However, I did read A LOT of fantasy this year so they typically tend to be on the larger side. I do think I could have tried to tackle more of my huge books this year but it's hard when you are in university and don't have a lot of dedicated reading time. 

3) Finish These Series
The Giver Quartet
Looking back now, it's unlikely that I will ever finish this series. I might try to read the next one but I am in no rush. I don't want to force myself through books I am not in the mood for.

 
Mistborn
I just didn't get to the rest of this series this year. I really want to and it's not for lack of excitement. It's just something that's hard to read while I am in school but I am determined to finish this series in 2017.

Heros of Olympus
Well, I just finished Son of Neptune so 2 books down. I definitely didn't get the chance to finish all 5 of them. I really enjoy Rick Riordan's books so I will definitely keep working away at this series. 2016 just want my year for it.

4) Start These Series
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
This is the only one from my original goals list that I actually started. I thought this book was okay, but I am interested to see where else the series can go. Hopefully, I can finish it in 2017.

  
These the the 3 that I didn't get to. I still own all of these so there isn't really a great reason I haven't read them yet. I am still very interested in Cinder and Shadow and Bone. They will hopefully get read next year. However, Legend is a bit iffy for me. I am just not in the mood for dystopian at the moment so I will have to wait to see if I ever get to it.

5) Read from More Genres
I definitely read a hell of a lot of fantasy this year. Opps. It's what I like, so why not enjoy it. However, I do think that I explored Nonfiction a bit, especially through audiobooks. I listened to about 8 Nonfiction/Memoires which is new for me. I also read a lot more graphic novels than last year. Next year I want to read more diversely but I am going to make myself specific goals that are more easily tracked.

Mid-Year Additions:
These are the books I added at my Goal Check In, in June. I have actually achieved some of these ones. They are just books I wanted to get to by the end of the year.

 
These are the 2 that I didn't get to. I have been anxiously waiting to read Secondhand Souls, it is sitting in my bag that I brought home for Christmas. I am still hoping that I get to it before the end of 2016. I just wasn't in the mood the read The Heir, the bad reviews have made me avoid it. However, I have been kind of missing The Selection and still want to read it. 

  
READ. I finished all these ones. Woohoo! I loved A Gathering of Shadows and The Heart of Betrayal were awesome. Crown of Midnight was pretty good too. 

So all-in-all, my goals weren't very good. Next year I want to make more specific goals that I can actually work towards and maybe actually read the books I put on my list. How did your 2016 goals go? Let me know :) 







No comments :

Post a Comment