Top 10 Tuesday: Best New to Me Authors from 2016

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I have been blogging for nearly 2 years now but I still feel new to this community. Due to that, I feel like I haven't read that many authors (even though I totally have). Here are the authors that I read for the first time this year that I am excited to pick up more by them.


Author: Nicola Yoon
First Book I Read: Everything, Everything.

I feel in love with Everything, Everything when I read it. I just finished The Sun is Also a Star and I really enjoyed it as well. I am definitely planning on picking up any other book that Nicola Yoon writes. I am not typically a YA contemporary fan but when she does it I am hooked.





Author: V.E. Schwab
First Book I Read: A Darker Shade of Magic

The world in this book is amazing! I also read the second book in this series and it made me fall even more in love with it. This was my first time reading Schwab and I am definitely hooked. I currently have Vicious on my Christmas list and I am impatiently waiting for A Conjuring of Light to come out. I even started following her on Twitter.




Author: Marie Rutkoski
First Book I Read: The Winner's Curse

I may not have been absolutely blown away by The Winner's Curse but I am very intrigued to read the rest of this series. I enjoyed Marie Rutkoski writing and I am interested to see what else she may write. Hopefully, I will be able to continue this series sooner rather than later.





Author: Susan Dennard
First Book I Read: Truthwitch

This one is in the same boat as The Winner's Curse, it didn't blow my socks off but I am interested to see what this series can do. I found the magic super interesting, as well as the characters. She has another series out, but I don't know if that's exactly what I want to read right now. But we will see after I read Windwitch what I think.




Author: Bryan Lee O'Malley
First Book I Read: Seconds

I loved, loved, loved, loved Seconds. It was the first book that I read this year, and it's in a close fight with the best books that I read this year. Immediately after reading I put Scott Pilgrim and Lost at Sea on my TBR. I am excited to read more by Bran Lee O'Malley. I am also excited to read his new series that he's doing called Snotgirl. This book just left such a good impression.



Author: Bill Nye
First Book I Read: Undeniable

I have always loved Bill Nye. I watched Bill Nye the Science Guy all my childhood and it definitely played a role in me wanting to go into the sciences. I listened to this on audiobook and hearing his voice educating me again. It inspired me and I really want to read his other book about Climate Change. Why did I wait so long to read them?




Who are the authors that are new to you this year? Let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment