Top 10 Tuesday: Best Books of 2016

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It's the end of 2016, and it's time to talk about our favourite books of the year. These are my favourite books that I read this year, it doesn't matter when they were published just that I read them in 2016. I am going to break them down by genre.

Non-Fiction
  

Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation by Bill Nye {5 Stars} I am a biologist so this is right up my alley. I thought it might be boring for me since I know a lot of evolution already but Bill Nye keeps it extremely interesting and hilarious. If you want to learn about evolution this would be an excellent introduction. Review

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari {5 Stars} I am a huge Parks and Rec fan so naturally this was perfect for me. I loved the combination of science and Aziz's humour and the science of love is always super interesting. Review

Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson {5 Stars} I related so much with Jenny's stories about anxiety and mental illness. I live everyday with my anxieties, but I also have the same sense of humour as Jenny and love look on the funny side of things. Review.

Fantasy
  

A Darker Shade of Magic & A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab {5 Stars} This world is just amazing. I found that I feel in love with it more the longer that I thought about both of these books. I love all the characters and I can't wait to read the last book in this series. Review | Review

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas {5 Stars} I don't think I have ever actually cared about characters like I did in this book. (Except probably HP). Also, I liked this one even more than the first book which is atypical for me. Can't wait for the next one. Review

Contemporary
 

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon {5 Stars} I really fell in love with this book at the beginning of this year. It was unique and the romance was adorable. The book even surprised me, which is something that doesn't happen all that often. Review

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon {5 Stars} Both of Yoon's books made my list this year, but that's because they were awesome. I loved the diverse characters and the issues that they we're dealing with. Plus, the romance melted and also broke my heart. Review

Graphic Novels / Comics
   

Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley {5 Stars} This was the first book I read this year and it blew me away. I absolutely fell in love with this story, and now I need to read Bryan Lee O'Malley's other books. Review

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson {5 Stars} I LOVED the characters in this story. Nimona has so many different layers and it has a really interesting take on the "villain" characters. The setting too was also incredibly interesting and the relationships are all fantastic. Review

Lumberjanes Vol 1: Beware the Kitten Holy {5 Stars} Another book where the characters did it for me. Everything about this story was absolutely quirky, colourful and funny. I want to go to summer camp now and get into all kinds of shenanigans.  Review

I Hate Fairyland Vol 1: Madly Ever After {5 Stars} This one is hilarious! I love that it's so colourful but then violent and full of foul language at the same time. The concept is hilarious, I highly recommend to all. Review 











No comments :

Post a Comment