July in Review

Summer is speeding by and July has been a busy one. I coach all summer so I spend a lot of time running around getting things done for my team. However, I did get a lot of reading done this month and I am pretty happy about it. The weather is beautiful (but very hot) and I love reading outside in the shade. 

  
 

The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson {4 out of 5 Stars}
The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh {3 out of 5 Stars}
Ruined by Amy Tintera {4 out of 5 Stars}
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol 2: Squirrel You Know It's True {4 out of 5 Stars}
Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella {2 out of 5 Stars}

Favourite of the Month: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
Least Favourite of the Month: Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
General Thoughts: It's becoming the summer of sequels for me apparently. I have also been seriously into fantasy at the moment. It's practically the only thing that I want to read. I can't complain though, I have been having lots of things that I have really enjoyed. I even finished a series this month. I can't ask for too much more.

The end of July means the end of the Summer Reading Program. It was hosted by the lovely bloggers at Pretty Deadly Reviews and Reading With a Vengeance. I think this was an awesome idea and it was a fun reading challenge. My initial goals were to read 4 Novels and 2 Graphic Novels.

Final Stats
4 Novels 
1 Graphic Novel
*All the books from above*

I was only behind by 1 graphic novel which to me is awesome. I did really well on this challenge, even if I didn't completely finish it I am happy with were it ended. 
   
I feel like Crown of Midnight has been on this list for month but it's sitting on my bedside table ready to go for real this time. I have Falling Kingdoms out from the library right now and The Cursed Child is going to be arriving at my house any day now. The Well of Ascension is on my goals for the year so summer is the best time to get it done.

How was your July? Let me know.









No comments :

Post a Comment