Review: Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Genre: Contemporary
Publication: September 21 2010 by Dial Press
Series: Shopaholic #6
Pages: 418
Format: Overdrive Audiobook
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
Review | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary
Becky Brandon thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true: a shopping friend for life! But it's trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping.

Minnie creates havoc everywhere she goes, from Harrods to her own christening. Her favorite word is "Mine!" and she's even trying to get into eBay! On top of everything else, Becky and Luke are still living with her parents (the deal on house #4 has fallen through), when suddenly there's a huge financial crisis.
With people having to "cut back," Becky decides to throw a surprise party for Luke to cheer everyone up. But when costs start to spiral out of control, she must decide whether to accept help from an unexpected source--and therefore run the risk of hurting the person she loves.


Will Becky be able to pull off the celebration of the year? Will she and Luke ever find a home of their own? Will Minnie ever learn to behave? And . . . most important . . . will Becky's secret wishes ever come true?

My Thoughts
This series. If you've read this series you know what I mean. It's one of the most infuriating stories I have ever read but I seem to keep going back. It took me forever to listen to this book on audiobook, and I was cringing the entire time. Becky never seems to learn from her mistakes and has no character development. She's incredibly selfish and it's starting to rub me the wrong way.

This has mostly been a guilty pleasure series for me but now it's hard for it to be that. There were parts that I enjoyed and I felt the fun that was in this series in the first few books is mostly gone now. It's hard to keep reading when Becky just makes worse and worse mistakes. Anybody with common sense would know better, but somehow Becky gets herself into these same situations over and over again.

I don't know if I will continue with this series. There are 2 more books after this, with no indication of it finishing. I don't know if I can cringe anymore at Becky's antics. I think there are better things out there for me at this moment in time.


No comments :

Post a Comment