DNF Explanation: The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge

I receieved a copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

Genre: Fantasy, Mystery
Publication: 04/19/2016 by Amulet Books
Pages: 384 Pages
Format: eArc
Rating: -------
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Deposiotry

Goodreads Summary:
It was not enough. All knowledge- any knowledge - called to Faith, and there was a delicious, poisonous pleasure in stealing it unseen.

Faith has a thirst for science and secrets that the rigid confines of her class cannot supress. And so it is that she discovers her disgraced father's journals, filled with the scribbled notes and theories of a man driven close to madness. Tales of a strange tree which, when told a lie, will uncover a truth: the greater the lie, the greater the truth revealed to the liar. Faith's search for the tree leads her into great danger - for where lies seduce, truths shatter . . .
 

My Thoughts:
I just wasn't in the mood for this book when I picked it up. I DNF'd it at 25% and I just was a very slow start. When I found out this book was about naturalists in the time of Darwin, I was super excited because I am a biologist nerd. However, knowing a lot about these scientists I started to find some conflicts with what I think I know about them. I think that maybe another day or time I might be able to get into this, that day just wasn't today. 


No comments :

Post a Comment