Review: The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

Genre: Fantasy
Publication: September. 2/2016 by Henry Holt and Co.
Series: The Remnant Chronicles #3
Pages: 679 Pages
Format: Library/ebook
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary:
Lia has survived Venda—but so has a great evil bent on the destruction of Morrighan. And only Lia can stop it.

With war on the horizon, Lia has no choice but to assume her role as First Daughter, as soldier—as leader. While she struggles to reach Morrighan and warn them, she finds herself at cross-purposes with Rafe and suspicious of Kaden, who has hunted her down.


In this conclusion to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy, traitors must be rooted out, sacrifices must be made, and impossible odds must be overcome as the future of every kingdom hangs in the balance.

My Thoughts:
I finally finished this book AND I finished a series. Woohoo! The slump was real when I started reading this book but I persevered and finished it. This was an awesome ending to a solid series. It's hard to talk about the details because it is the last book in a series, however it wrapped everything up as needed.

The main reason I took this one down a star was because I felt like the middle was quite slow. The battle was only the last few chapters, and the rest of the book wasn't high action. Instead there was a lot of politics involved and planning. Which is interesting and important but I found it slowed down near the middle. But I absolutely loved how the story wrapped up and where all the characters ended up. I was hoping that Lia ended up where she did so I was super happy to see it.

In the end, this series was awesome. I found it got much better as it went along. For me, the second book was my favourite in the series which doesn't often happen. I just loved the setting in that one just a little bit more, plus the Komizar is an amazing villain (and still is in this book). I highly recommend this series to fantasy lovers, I am very happy to have read it.



No comments :

Post a Comment