Tag Tuesday: Midyear Book Freakout Tag

Hey lovelies, today I decided to start Tag Tuesdays. I am going to try an post any interesting Tags on Tuesday. Today I am doing the Midyear Book Freakout Tag. I found this one on Booktube and it was started by Chami at ReadLikeWildFire. Check out her original video here. This tag asks questions about your reading from the first half of the year. It's a little bit past midway for me but I still really want to do this tag. So here we go...

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler 
I read this book right after Parks and Recreation ended when I needed more Amy in my life. I love Amy and loved her book. I listened to it on Audiobook and it was narrated by Amy so I think that really added to the experience. Her stories where awesome and I loved it.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015
World After by Susan Ee
I actually didn't read a lot of sequels this year but I seemed to have started a ton of new series. Oppies. However, looking at the small selection of sequels I did read, World After was clearly the winner. I felt that this really added to Penryn's story and I am excited to pick up the 3rd book in the series soon.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to

The Heir by Kiera Cass
I know, I know, this isn't suppose to be that good but I already own it and I loved The Selection Trilogy. I am not expecting much out of this book but I still want to read it. No Shame.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
Firewalker by Josephine Angelini & Secondhand Souls by Christopher Moore
We have a tie! Both these books come out next month and I am so excited to read them. Firewalker is the sequel to Trial by Fire which I read last month. I am actually really surprised that I am this excited for this book but I really want to see where this story goes. Secondhand Souls is the sequel to one of my favourite books ever, A Dirty Job. I have this one on preorder and I am sooo excited to get my hands on it.

5. Biggest disappointment

Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
This series and me are just not clicking. It's super popular in the YA community but I just can't love it. I am not a huge fan of the writing style and I don't like the characters. I am planning on reading Ignite Me still because I own it and am still interested enough to see how it ends.

6. Biggest surprise

The Ugly Stepsister by Aya Ling
I got this one for review and I wasn't expecting such an awesome Cinderella retelling. The main character gets sucked into the world of Cinderella but instead of being Ella, she ends up as one of the ugly stepsisters. This was super entertaining and I advise you check it out.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

Sarah J. Maas
I read A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and I am now very interested in her writing style. I am going to pick up Throne of Glass in the future to see if I like her other books too.

8. Newest fictional crush

Martin Banks from Off To Be The Wizard by Scott Meyer
He is super nerdy and totally my type. In this book he finds a computer file that seems to make up everything on the planet. Then hilarity ensues. I'd date him. 

9. Newest favourite character

Amy Dunne from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Now, this is kind of an unconventional answer but I was so intrigued by her character. She was so complex and insane that I couldn't help but love to hate her. I was really happy to see a character like her, crazy or not.
10. Book that made you cry
Yup, tears happened.

11. Book that made you happy

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
I actually haven't finished this book yet but I haven't read a book that gave me so many warm and fuzzy feelings as this one has. I hope that it ends just as adorable. 

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I read this book just before the book came out on Netflix. I absolutely loved this book and the movie was just as awesome. It was an amazing adaptation and worked really well on film. 

13. Favourite review you've written this year
I think my favourite post is my Top 5 Wednesday post where I talk about Top 5 Characters that Deserve her Own Series. Check it out here.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
I picked this up a couple of months ago and it's a gorgeous book. I have anticipated reading this book for awhile now and hopefully will be able to pick it up soon.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

These are all the last book in a series that I need to read by the end of the year. 

No comments :

Post a Comment