Comic Series I Am Currently Reading

Over the past year I have gotten into reading graphic novels, so I have been trying a lot of different comic series. I honestly have lost track of some of the series I started. So here are all the comic book series that I am currently in the middle of reading and plan on continuing.

Chew 
John Layman, Rob Guillory
Next to Read:  Vol 6: Space Cakes

This is one of my all time favourite series! It is awesome, hilarious, gross and just generally awesome. I have read the first 5 volumes of this series, which is about half way through. There are currently 11 volumes out and I am dying to read more. This series follows Tony Chew, who is a cibopath which means that he gets psychic impressions of everything he eats. If you are looking to get into a good comic series, I highly recommend this one.


Saga
Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples
Next to Read: Volume 2

This is a really popular series among comic readers. I enjoyed the first volume but wasn't super blown away. I am definitely going to pick up the next volume and see where it goes. This was one of the first comics I picked up so it's special in that way. This series follows 2 people who are on opposite sides of a war who fell in love and had a baby. It's different than other stories I have read and I want to see what happens next.


Gotham Academy
Becky Cloonan, Brenden Fletcher, Karl Kerschl
Next to Read: Volume 2: Calamity

I really loved this first book! It takes place in Gotham City, at a special school. If you are a Batman fan, this is an interesting story since you get to see another side of Gotham. I have the trade out from the library and will be reading it soon. Especially since there was recently a crossover book with Lumberjanes that recently just came out.



The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 
 Ryan North, Erica Henderson
Next to Read: Vol 2: Squirrel You Know It's True

This is hilarious! It's about a superhero who is part squirrel. She has the powers of a squirrel but in a humans body. If you want to get into a superhero book, but are scared of other Marvel titles this one is a good place to start. I laughed my butt off and I have the second one out from the library! I would really like to see Squirrel Girl added to the Avengers Cinematic universe but I somehow don't see that happening.


Star Wars
Jason Aaron, John Cassaday, Laura Martin
Next to Read: Vol 2: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon

I am a Star Wars fan so I definitely wanted to try out the graphic novels that were in canon. I love seeing more stories of the characters I love. This series is so far taking place between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. I am definitely going to continue with this series soon and pick up the Darth Vader series as well.



Lumberjanes
Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Brooke A. Allen
Next to Read: Vol 2: Friendship to the Max

This is a beautiful comic. The colours are vibrant and the characters are hilarious. I love the ridiculous adventures that these girls go on. It is a series that takes place at summer camp, and the girls at camp go on crazy adventures. I loved the first volume of this series and I have the second one from the library right now. I also highly recommend this book to new comic readers.



Deadly Class
Rick Remender, Wesley Craig, Lee Loughridge
Next to Read: Vol 2: Kids of the Black Hole

I just recently finished the first volume and this is a very interesting series. It follows a high school where they train assassins. It's a very dark story but that is different from the other comics I read which are mostly bright and fun. I am planning on picking up the next book pretty soon and catch up with some series.



That's all my series I am in the middle of at the moment. I am also reading Ms. Marvel but I am not sure if that series is finished or not. I also read a few series in singles but I'll mention them later. Do you read comics? Let me know what series you are currently into!




No comments :

Post a Comment