Midyear Goal Check In

June is already speeding by so it's time to take a few moments to take a looks at some of the goals I made at the beginning of the year. It's crazy that 2016 is speeding by so quickly. I am pretty sure I haven't even accomplished one of these goals but whatever. I read a lot of books already and that's what really matters. 

1. Read a Total of 52 Books
I set this goal because I wanted to read a book a week. So far I have read 37 books year! That's amazing for me. I have never read this much, especially while going to university. This is the only goal that I have been really been doing great on.

2. Don't Be Afraid of Big Books 
I don't really know what I meant by this goal. I have been putting off my "big books" until summer. Well it's June so that means I need to jump into these books. I am currently (still) reading A Court of Mist and Fury which is over 600 pages, so definitely a big book. 

3. Finish These Series
  
The Giver Quartet
Mistborn
The Hero's of Olympus

At this point it's probably extremely unlikely that I am going to finish The Giver Quartet, I'm just not into it right now. I don't even know why I made this a goal. I am still determined to finish Mistborn and will be picking up the second one soon. Hero's of Olympus may or may not happen. That's 4 books, which seems like a lot. It least I want to continue to read this series.

4. Start These Series
  
 
These books are still collecting dust on my shelf. However, I have been reading a lot of other great things. I am still excited to get to these and need a reminder to put them at the top of my list. The only one I am unsure of is Legend. I am not sure if I will be excited to read a Dystopian in the near future.

5. Read from Different Genres
I am still working on this. I am just in a huge fantasy mood so that's what I've been picking up. I have read a lot of graphic novels this year which is exciting for me. This is another hard goal to calculate. We will see how the rest of the year goes.

Changes?
I am definitely not going to push myself to read The Giver Quartet and I might dump Legend too.
 There are a few more books that I want to add to this list of things I want to read before the end of the year. Here they are:
  
 





No comments :

Post a Comment