Top 10 Tuesday: Best and Worst Movie or TV Adaptations

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is a freebie, so I want to talk about the best book to movie adaptations. I love movies and TV just as much as I love to read. I have been thinking of new ways to incorporate them into my blog so here is where I am starting. We all know there are awesome adaptations and there are terrible ones too. Let's get started.

My Favourite Adaptations
 


The Princess Bride: This is one of my all time favourite book and movies. It's a classic. I love it to pieces and I even thought about having a Princess Bride themed wedding. Seriously...
Harry Potter (all of them): Yes, some are better than others but these have such a special place in my heart I couldn't not include them.
Orange is the New Black: Now this is kind of cheating since the TV show has gone a lot more places and isn't faithful to to the book. But the book was just SO BORING and the show is awesome!
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl: This movie was a Sundance film which suited the story so well! It has been one of the best adaptations I have seen in a while. 
Gone Girl: This book and the movie both blew my mind. The movie was well acted and portrayed the story amazingly.
The Martian: I loved the book and the movie for this one! Matt Damon was the perfect pick to play Mark and I loved it.

My Least Favourites
 
Divergent: I enjoyed the book (the first one, at least) but this movie was disappointing. It had poor production value and I felt like it was only made to make money instead of being a good movie.
Percy Jackson: Everyone who has ever read this book and the movie know that the movie is literally the worst. Even people who didn't read the books knew this was a bad movie.
50 Shades of Grey: This is just cheating cause we all know that I didn't like the book. But the actors in the movie had zero chemistry so even when it could have been steamy it was just cringe worthy.









No comments :

Post a Comment